Children’s Church Helper
Volunteer Reports to: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Time Commitment: Sundays, upon dismissal mid-service to 11 am (around ½ hour), frequency is dependent on # of volunteers
Summary: Provide a safe, loving, and nurturing learning environment in the classroom that promotes faith development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aid the teacher as they present the lessons from The Story children’s curriculum
- Aid the teacher with any crafts/games played during children’s church
- Straighten the room before leaving
- Report concerns or ideas for improvement to the children’s ministry coordinator
- Communicate in advance to the children’s ministry coordinator: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least one hour prior to the shift.
- Faith in and love for Jesus Christ.
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Must adhere to Faith Chapel United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuaries Policy Guidelines.