Children’s Church Teacher
Volunteer Reports to: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Time Commitment: Sundays, upon dismissal mid-service to 11 am (around ½ hour), frequency determined by # of volunteers
Summary: Provide a safe, loving, and nurturing learning environment in the classroom that promotes faith development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and present the lessons from The Story children’s curriculum (materials sent to teachers monthly), utilizing the materials provided and any other creative means available. If you have questions about the lesson you will teach, seek help from the Children’s Ministry Coordinator or the pastor.
- Let the Children’s Ministry coordinator know of any supplies needed for the classroom. (Bibles, pencils, CD player, markers, scissors, glue, tape, construction paper, etc.)
- Straighten the room before leaving
- Report concerns or ideas for improvement to the children’s ministry coordinator
- Communicate in advance to the children’s ministry coordinator: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least one hour prior to the shift
- Faith in and love for Jesus Christ
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Must adhere to Faith Chapel United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuaries Policy Guidelines