In the mid-19th century, Peter Goble gave a parcel of land in the small community of Goblesville for the purpose of building a church. The original structure was of log cabin style. This church became a member of the United Brethren denomination. A frame building was constructed late in the century when the original structure was outgrown. In 1902 this was replaced with a brick church. This brick structure was put into service as the education wing of the church when the church building gained a larger sanctuary in 1980.
In the mid-1900s, the United Brethren denomination underwent a merger and became part of the Evangelical United Brethren Church. In 1968 the EUB denomination merged with the Methodist Church to create United Methodist Church. At that time Beech Grove EUB Church joined with the Goblesvile church to form Faith Chapel United Methodist Church. Currently, Faith Chapel is seeking God’s direction in reaching out to meet the needs of our community.