Faith Chapel is seeking an administrative assistant. If you are interested click here to fill out and submit the online application. The job description can be found below.
Faith Chapel United Methodist Church is seeking to fill the role of administrative assistant to effectively manage church communications and other roles to the entire congregation.
The administrative assistant works closely with the staff of the church to drive forward the mission and vision of Faith Chapel. It is the responsibility of the administrative assistant to represent the staff of Faith Chapel in an ethical, professional, and confidential manner in providing office management of the church. This position reports directly to the senior pastor. This is a part-time position, approximately 15 hours per week. While there is some flexibility in the hours of the administrative assistant, these hours are highly encouraged to be completed within the office hours of the senior pastor.
- Strong faith in and love for Jesus Christ
- Prior administrative support experience (preferred)
- A thorough understanding of church operations and church administration
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others and be flexible in solving problems
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Commitment to confidentiality and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively multi-task, self initiate, and self direct
- Ability to pass criminal history check
- Communicate to the church through social media, website, bulletins, newsletters, email correspondences, etc.
- Prepare and send reports to district and conference levels of the United Methodist Church
- Manage mail and phone correspondence
- Create weekly slideshows for worship service
- Create kids activity bag for first, third, and fifth Sundays of the month for elementary children
- Prepare children’s church binder for second and fourth Sundays of the month
- Keep online data management software up to date
- Maintain church calendar
- Order office, custodial and additional supplies needed for church use
- Attend weekly staff meetings