Faith Chapel is seeking a Coordinator of Youth Ministries to lead a comprehensive ministry to students in middle and high school. If you are interested in the position described below please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Coordinator of Youth Ministries encourages students to love God and one another in Christian community, empowers growth as disciples, and equips them to live out their faith boldly. This person provides leadership, vision (in accordance with the vision of the church), and programs for youth ministry at Faith Chapel. The position reports directly to the lead pastor. This is a part time position, approximately 15 hours per week.
- Strong faith in and love for Jesus Christ.
- The ability to communicate faith with students as to encourage commitment and discipleship.
- Ability to work with, relate to, and lead students from different backgrounds and personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and budget management skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead scheduled and spontaneous activities related to youth ministry.
- Competence in mentoring and listening skills.
- A self-starter willing to work cooperatively with others and be flexible in solving problems.
- Understanding of and commitment to United Methodist theology and practices.
- Regular attendance at worship is expected.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct all aspects of youth ministry (i.e. weekly lessons, mission trips, retreats, Sunday school)
- Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with parents and students.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop spiritually
- Provide opportunities for students to mature in discipleship, leadership and service.
- Recruit and train volunteer youth workers to develop mentoring relationships with students.
- Be an advocate for students to the congregation regarding their hopes, concerns, and needs.
- Serve as a liaison between Faith Chapel and the schools and other community groups.
- Encourage and equip students to reach out to unchurched friends.
- Work cooperatively with church staff.
- Communicate all calendar information to the Administrative Assistant.
- Attend regularly and specially called staff meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Work within the youth funds.
- Other responsibilities as determined and communicated.
Salary is released during phone screen. This position is not eligible for employee benefits. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Eventually, if discussions become serious, FCUMC will need references and a background check.