Sunday School Teacher
Volunteer Reports to: Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Time Commitment: Sundays, 9-9:50 am, one month each quarter
Summary: Provide a safe, loving, and nurturing learning environment in the classroom that promotes faith development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and present the Sunday School lessons, utilizing the materials provided and any other creative means available. If you have questions about the lesson you will teach, seek help from Children’s Ministry Coordinator or the pastor.
- Let the Children’s Ministry Coordinator know of any supplies needed for the classroom. (Bibles, pencils, CD player, markers, scissors, glue, tape, construction paper, etc.).
- Keep the Sunday School, your students, and their parents in prayer.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Straighten the room before leaving.
- Report concerns or ideas for improvement to the children’s ministry coordinator
- Communicate in advance to the children’s ministry coordinator: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least one hour prior to the shift.
- Faith in and love for Jesus Christ.
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Must adhere to Faith Chapel United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuaries Policy Guidelines.