Volunteer Reports to: Head Usher
Time Commitment: Sundays, 8:50 – 11:15 am, for a full month, two times per year
Summary: to help the guests and congregation feel welcome and safe
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arrive 20 minutes before the service
- Seat late arrivals
- Close the doors to the sanctuary after the acolytes light the candles to help limit noise
- Collect the offering during the service
- One usher will check the attendance in the nursery. While in the fellowship hall the usher should look through the windows to make sure the cars in the parking lot are secure. Another usher will also walk through the church to be sure rooms are secure and nothing of concern is happening in the children’s church rooms.
- Discreetly count the people in the sanctuary and record the count
- If possible, have an usher seated by each door.
- As the last song begins, open the doors to the sanctuary.
- Faith in and love for Jesus Christ.
- At least 18 years of age