Worship Nursery Worker
Volunteer Reports to: Childrens Ministry Coordinator
Time Commitment: Sundays, 9:50 – 11:15 am, no more than once per month.
Summary: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at church, ages 0-4 years in a clean environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arrive at 9:50 am and remain in nursery until the last child has been picked up by a parent.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care for children ages 0-4.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- In the event of an emergency, send the second nursery volunteer to retrieve an usher for assistance or to retrieve the parents.
- Straighten the room before leaving.
- Report concerns or ideas for improvement to the children’s ministry coordinator
- Communicate in advance, to the children’s ministry coordinator: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least one hours prior to the shift.
- Faith in and love for Jesus Christ.
- At least 13 years of age. A training (ex: safe sitters) will be required for any 13-17 year-olds wishing to volunteer in this ministry.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Must adhere to Faith Chapel United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuaries Policy Guidelines.